Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jeff Beck DVD

Jeff Beck performing this week... Live at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club
I can't wait to get my hands on this disc. Jeff Beck has been one of my all time favorite guitarist all the way back to his Yardbirds days. Here's a sampling from the DVD.



If you don't recognize and bassist in the clip, her name is Tal Wilkenfeld. Tal is an amazing young bassist from Sydney, Australia. In her short career she has performed with some of the top artists in Rock and Jazz. Tal has played bass with Eric Clapton, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter just to name a few. She was also voted as The Years Most Exciting New Player in Bass Players 2008 Readers Choice Awards.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff Beck, Tal Wilkenfeld and Vinnie Colaiuta - what an awesome team! Tal compliments Jeff's style so well - and Vinnie and Tal work off of each other beautifully. I must buy this DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Jeff's blog posted 4/17/09:
    "Vinnie and Tal are driving me to greater inspiration..."

    That is a complement of the highest degree.

    I really wanted to catch one of their shows but the closest one to me was in Philadelphia, PA and that was on April 8. Philly would have been a four to five hour trip for me.

    ReplyDelete