Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Soundgarden Reunion Rumors Making the Rounds

I for one can only hope.

From Gibson.com:

Soundgarden Reunion Rumors Making the Rounds
Aidin Vaziri | 06.24.2009


With Chris Cornell’s solo career floundering on the heels of his most recent hip hop-oriented album, Scream, many fans have been pushing for the reunion of his former band Soundgarden.

Now it seems fans might finally be getting their wish. At least according to Shinedown singer Brent Smith, who in a recent interview with Kerrang! magazine said, “There's talk of a reuniting of Soundgarden in the States soon. I know actually someone specific who told me that, who is actually specifically in their organization. Kind of told me that they're talking about it.”

According to Blabbermouth, a Soundgarden reunion tour is on the books for the summer of 2010.

Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayill, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron got onstage together for the first time since 1997 during a Tom Morello Justice Tour show in Seattle earlier this year, with grunge icon Tad Boyle sitting in on vocals.

“If I was there, I probably would’ve gotten up onstage,” Cornell told the Washington Post. “They were just getting up there and doing it for fun, and I think that’s great. The only thing I didn’t like is that I wasn’t there to see it.”

Asked about the possibility of a reunion, Cornell said, “You never know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment