Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Monday, November 9, 2009

To Twitter Or Not To Twitter

It appears that just about everyone is on Twitter mirco-blogging about any and everything. This quote from John Taylor is the first artist I've heard speak out about Twitter.

"When artists today are asked to Twitter their every thought, their every action, to record on video their every breath, their every performance, I believe they're diluting their creative powers, their creative potency and the durability of their work.

And in the long run I believe they're also diluting the magical power and the magnetic attraction that they can or will ever have over their audience."

- Duran Duran bassist John Taylor to the BBC

Any thoughts or comments?

2 comments:

  1. Since Day one, the first time I learned what Twitter was, I only had one thing to ask, or say, "Why?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain that I can not care about every time someone got their laundry done, or took their dog for a walk. We are overrun with information already. I don't need Twitter to give me more.

    ReplyDelete