Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Hunt

I have been on the hunt for a new or slightly used SUV for the last two weeks and haven't had any luck at all. You would think that with the current shape of the US auto industry that dealers would want to deal and move vehicles off their lots. I have not found that to be the case. Most dealers want to push you in the direction of high end luxury vehicles with the claim of knocking $12,000 off the sticker price. Knocking off 12k on a $55,000 SUV still leaves $43,000 to pay. Someone else may call that a deal but not me. Now if I could find a deal where I could get 12k knocked off a $30,000 vehicle than we might have something.

I don't know, maybe I've become a tight old codger in my old age but that being said, I'm just not going to have a $600+ a month car payment hanging over my head for 5 or 6 years. It ain't going to happen.

There's a deal out there somewhere and I'll find sooner or later. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment