Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Russ Sargeant


I first came across this artist and his music on Twitter and Facebook a few months ago and was very impressed.

Russ is an electric bass player, double bassist and guitarist living in the United Kingdom. Currently he's an unsigned artist writing and recording amazing music in his home studio. Russ' music is a mixture of Jazz, World and New Age, with influences ranging from Jaco Pastorius, Avishai Cohen, Tony Levin, Eberhard Weber, Percy Jones to Geddy Lee.

In 2008 Russ completed a six-track album entitled The Last And The First. CD's and MP3's of this album can be purchased from CD Baby.

Give Russ a listen, I believe you will be as impressed as I am. You can learn more about Russ Sargeant on MySpace, Twitter and ReverbNation.


Russ%20Sargeant
Quantcast

3 comments:

  1. Crikey! Don't know what to say! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Russ, you're making some great music Just thought I'd try to get out the word. Good luck my friend.
    David aka Skip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ, just say "Thank You" you know your music really speaks for itself. I met Russ last year on Last.fm and I've loved his music ever since. Really quite amazing when you consider that he IS the music, ALL of the music on his cd. Fascinating and I'm happy to have him for a friend too! Cheers Russ, you deserve the recognition. Really!
    Jools

    ReplyDelete