Artist Spotlight

Billy Sheehan - Bass Solo Budokan Feb 2009

Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Addition Part V

The refurbishing of the P-Bass is complete. I picked up a set of Rotosound strings the other day at a local music shop. I don't particularly like Rotosound strings but it was all they had in stock and I was really anxious to hear how all of my work had turned out. Well I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. The playability is sweet and the sound is better then I expected.

Now after all this, do I want to take it apart again and defret the neck or leave things as they are? I don't know. I may later on and I may not. I may even put the bass up for sale and used those proceeds to help purchase a new fretless bass. A friend has offered me $150 for the P. Right now I have about $75 invested in parts. I don't know. For now I'm just going to add the bass to my collection.

I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of working on the guitar and searching for the right parts and putting things together. I could see this turning into a very interesting hobby. As a matter of fact I've already been looking for another project guitar. Yes honey, I did say another guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment